ISI is always looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We provide a comprehensive compensation package and a competitive salary. Looking to work in a technically challenging environment with opportunity for growth – give us a call!
Project Engineer – Full Time
The Project Engineer will have two main responsibilities that will include: (1) technical writing through review and collaboration on specifications, site plans and contract documents and generation of proposals, submittals and technical correspondence, and (2) project management as the point of contact and engineering resource from conceptual design through fabrication and commissioning.
This a long-term position with growth opportunities. The successful candidate will become an integral part of our team, and will be working on projects with state, federal, regulatory and private clients.
This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter with civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering background who is looking to further their career with a successful small business. Excellent communication, networking, organization, and teamwork skills required. Engineer with P.E. license and general understanding of AutoCAD, electrical control logic, structural analysis and 3D modeling is preferred.
- Offer technical correspondence throughout projects from procurement to commissioning.
- Review and collaborate on specifications, site plans, and contract documents.
- Generate submittals for review by general contractors and engineering consultants.
- Act as point of contact with engineering consultants, clients, general contractors, and subcontractors on all design revisions, project updates, and technical support.
- Exercise civil engineering judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Perform site visits, quality control inspections, and project commissioning.
- Generate proposals for distribution to general contractors for bidding, to clients for design-build projects, and to private entities.
- Self-starter – identify what needs to be done on a project with limited direction.
- Works well independently.
- Works well collaboratively with mechanical design, fabrication team, and outside entities (structural engineering, electrical engineering, environmental regulation and permitting).
- Gains satisfaction seeing a project from start to finish.
- Thrives in a relaxed, small business environment.
- Hands on work ethic